The New Metrics of Sustainable Business Conference
Time: September 27, 2012 to September 28, 2012
Location: The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Street: 3730 Walnut
Website or Map: http://www.sustainablebrands.…
Event Type: conference
Organized By: Sustainable Life Media
Latest Activity: Jul 20
Join the Sustainable Brands community as we explore the future of smarter business metrics at The New Metrics of Sustainable Business.
This two-day, Sustainable Brands Issues in Focus event, in partnership with The Wharton School, examines leading-edge work that expands the way business can create, quantify, manage and communicate value; measure the environmental and social impacts of business activity; and find new ways to translate shared value activities into enhanced financial performance in the 21st century.
Industry leaders, top sustainability strategists and financial and non-financial managers from a variety of sectors will collaborate and lead interactive discussion on a range of issues, including measuring the ROI of sustainability initiatives; valuing ecosystem services; adding environmental impact and human capital onto the balance sheet; and putting goals in context.
Other topics to explore include incentivizing and maximizing employee engagement, well-being and valuation; tying environmental and social initiatives to enhanced shareholder value; extending value throughout the entire supply chain; how impact investing might enable new corporate sustainability initiatives by changing the way we measure ROI; The growing role of materiality in how companies are, or should be, measuring and reporting impact; and more.
Be a part of this important conversation, which began at our first New Metrics event at The Wharton School in 2011. Stay tuned as more speakers and details continue to be added. September 27-28, 2012 in Philadelphia, PA. Learn more: (www.SBIIF.com)
As the definition of value continues to evolve, the demand for business to demonstrate its ability to create value of various forms for all stakeholders - rather than simply profit for shareholders - is increasing, and the question of how this value is identified, measured and communicated becomes paramount.
Beginning with a step back to ask ourselves, What is the point of business and economics anyway? - this 2-day, in-depth discussion with some of sustainability's top strategists will examine leading-edge work that is expanding the way business creates, quantifies, and manages the value it delivers through the metrics it adopts.
Key topics to be explored include:
- How society is beginning to redefine value in the 21st century and what this means for business
- Breakthrough research and models for measuring the ROI of sustainability efforts
- Standardizing sustainability context
- Incentivizing and maximizing employee engagement and well-being and quantifying the value of same
- Tying environmental and social initiatives to enhanced shareholder value
- The valuation of ecosystem services
- The growing role of materiality in how companies are, or should be, measuring and reporting impact
Download: Surprising Business Value from New Metrics of Sustainability
Learn how today's forward looking companies are learning to better manage and communicate their efforts and generate Surprising Business Value from New Metrics of Sustainability. This FREE download – prepared by HIP Investor in partnership with Sustainable Brands – will provide insight into the new leading indicators of performance – those focused on solving society's most pressing social and environmental challenges while delivering enhanced business and brand value.
To benefit from insights presented at the 2011 New Metrics of Sustainable Business Conference, simply complete the form below to learn:
- How Trane, a unit of Ingersoll-Rand, implemented a Real-Estate Efficiency Ratio to reduce operational expenses
- How Infosys uses 'Human Capital Value' as an asset on its balance sheet
- How Puma is working to mitigate liabilities by placing a hard monetary value on carbon, water, land use, pollution and waste across its entire supply chain, and more
- We're happy to provide you this free download as a way to introduce you to the kinds of concrete insights you can expect from this year's New Metrics of Sustainable Business Conference, taking place once again at the Wharton School on September 27-28. Watch your email for the link to the pdf.
Thank you! You will receive an email from us shortly which will provide you a link to download the document.
A link to your free download is on its way to your email Inbox. In the meantime, discover why senior executives will be visiting Philadelphia, PA on September 27-28 for the continuation of last year’s New Metrics of Sustainable Business Conference at The Wharton School.
The New Metrics of Sustainable Business Conference 2012 will bring sustainability, business strategy and financial executives from companies such as Procter & Gamble, Deloitte, Hewlett Packard, Jones Lang LaSalle, REI, Dow Chemical, Xerox and others. You’ll also meet market-shapers such as Bloomberg, the Global Reporting Institute, IIRC and The Nature Conservancy, who will be collaborating to explore and debate the future of metrics-based innovation.
Key reasons you should attend:
A link to your FREE download should be sitting in your Inbox.
- Debate, discuss and share insight with leading-edge practitioners and executives who are charting new horizons in the field of new metrics: Sustainable Brands has a track record of finding the most innovative and thought-provoking professionals to bring you the insight, breakthrough research and modeling approaches that keep leading businesses ahead of the game. Take a look at the speaker lineup from organizations such as Hewlett Packard, Jones Lang LaSalle, Procter & Gamble, GRI, Deloitte, Dow Chemical, The Nature Conservancy, and more.
- Enjoy more in-depth interaction and plenty of networking opportunities: Based on feedback from last year’s event, we’ve extended this conference to 2 days to ensure a more valuable experience for you. With seating limited to 190 professionals, this format allows for enriched debate, engaging conversation and intimate working groups. Join your colleagues and peers who are already registered to attend.
- Take part in the most strategic conversation in business today: Subtle, but real, shifts are taking place in society and the demand for business to demonstrate its ability to create value for all stakeholders is increasing. This targeted and relevant agenda focuses on the new metrics of sustainable business that identify undiscovered risks and capture untapped opportunities. In these 2 days, you’ll hear breakthrough research and learn modeling approaches that you can implement in your own organization.
Any questions, please feel free to contact us through connect[at]sustainablelifemedia.com or 415.626.2212