Place. Spatial information ... maps ... are a critical part of the information needed for planning and the management of operations. In real estate the saying goes that the three most important features of a property are location, location and location!
Everything has a spatial characteristic, and from a cost effectiveness and performance perspective, spatial information is important and central to the way TVM records data and does analysis.
Example: Spatial characteristics of IMM Mosquito and malaria control have strong spatial characteristics that have a very large impact on performance. Accordingly spatial information and mapping are a very important part of cost effective high performance integrated malaria management and include:
Satellite imagery makes it possible to accelerate learning about any location, limited, of course, to those locations where satellite imagery is available.
- 1. Where are people that are host to the malaria parasite located: where do these people live, where do they work, where do they congregate together, where do they travel to,
- 2. Where are the sources of mosquitoes,
- 3. Where do the mosquitoes travel and other details of their behavior including when they travel and how they behave relative to homes, people and animals,
- 4. Where are infected mosquitoes located,
- 5. What mosquito and malaria control interventions have been done: when and where.