Definitions for TrueValueMetrics
Comparative analysis has many forms ... including
Comparison is meaningless when it is a comparison of 'apples' with 'oranges'. In TVM there is money performance which may be compared using the existing money currencies (Dollar, Euro, etc.). The value comparisons are made using the 'standard values' of the TVM system. While from time to time money price and value may be the same, it is common for them to be very different.
- the comparison of data from one locations with another location;
- the comparison from one time to another time ... change in state from year to year is one example of this;
- the comparison from one organization to another ... some organizations perform better than others, some are stronger than others;
- the comparison of what should be to what actually is ... comparison of actual to standard;
- the comparison of one approach to another approach;
Mastercard explicitly understands this when they say in their advertising that some beautiful moment is 'priceless'! For its part, TVM value accountancy shows that there are also many situations when highly profitable activity is 'worthless'
Time series. Time series are very powerful ... the corporate world uses them all the time. Capital markets use them. The media use them, but there are few datasets that are useful for the public at large and help the public to make better decisions.
Specifically, the public needs to have time series that show what is going on that impacts their community and their quality of life. People need data in a form that helps them to understand cauisality and how decisions affect outcomes.